Capacity Building for UNEA-4
If you want to learn more about how the system works, how to lobby member states and what tools you might use to engage in UNEA and the Sustainable Development Goals or just a refresher, then this is the workshop for you.
Wednesday 13th of March, Green Tent, UNEP Campus Nairobi, 10:30 to 1:30pm
Last UNEA’s most popular workshop is back and again run by its two seasoned lobbyists:
- Felix Dodds, Adjunct Professor at the University of North Carolina and
- Jan Gustav Strandenaes, Senior Advisor on Governance for Stakeholder Forum.
Capacity Building for UNEA leaflet (PDF)
The workshop will cover the following elements:
- A little on Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs)
- NGOs, Major Groups and other Stakeholders
- Why attend UN meetings – some case studies of successful campaigns and Multistakeholder Partnerships
- SWOT and other tools
- National preparation
- Understanding the countries, bureau and secretariat
- What to do at the UN meetings
- The Sustainable Development Goal Landscape and key dates for the next five years
A second, by invitation only (30 places) capacity building workshop for those who want to become a trainer on UNEA, lobbying and other skills will be held Thursday, 14 March, 10:30-13:30 in the Green Tent. This is a workshop for people who will then organize a workshop in their own country in the next six months on what they have learned. It is NOT a workshop for those who only want to learn for themselves. We hope out of this to create a Capacity Building Network which will help engage stakeholders in helping to deliver the UNEP Medium Term Strategy and Programme of Work.
Capacity Building “Train the Trainers” workshop UNEA Leaflet